Friday 5 November 2010

THE TRAINING BEGINS

  Well I certainly started off with a bang today - well it is the 5th November after all!  I set out after a long sleep on foot all the way down Kloof Street then Long Street and on to the V&A Wharf.  There I wandered around the massive shopping centre, bought some postcards for the grandchildren, and had lunch by the quay consisting of hake, calamari, prawns, onion rings and chips, all for the princely sum of £8.00.  The calamari wasn't as good as Port Douglas (for those who were there), but it wasn't far short.  I then walked all the way back to the hotel stopping for a refreshing pint of Castle in Long Street.  It started getting cloudy and a bit chilly when I came out of the pub so I was glad I had taken my jacket with me, having gone out in shorts and a short sleeved shirt.  I note my face looks a tad redder than previously.  I reckon all told I must have covered about 10Km in my travels.  Well I must start getting fit for the Machu Pichu hike in May!  To this end lunch was the only meal I indulged in today.  When I got back to the hotel, a 50 over state cricket match was starting so I watched that until 9pm and then set about doing the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment