Sunday 7 November 2010

A SLEEPLESS NIGHT

  After posting my report on Friday I went and had a couple of beers to toast the Friday crowd back home and then adjourned to my room to sort out my photos, leaving the computer on off line with photos I had downloaded and deleting them off the camera.  About halfway through the screen suddenely went blue and the computer crashed!  I couldn't turn it off or do anything with it.  What the heck would I do?  Would I get a local computer geek in to look at it?  But no all my bank details, card details and passwords were on it, could I possibly trust a stranger with all that on it?  Could I package it and send it back to Jim to look at it with the possibility of Mark bringing it back to Australia?  Various ideas followed by ensuing problems coursed through my mind all night.  I slept not a wink (well maybe just a couple).  I disconnected the computer from the power and put it in a cupboard so that I wouldn't see the blue glow.  I got up at 8.30 and found the screen dead.  I tried switching it on and the computer went through some sort of disc test, declared everything to be OK and resumed normal service!  Phew!  In the event I discovered that I also had all my passport, bank and other details on a memory stick, so I think I'll erase some of it off the computer.  I don't want many more nights like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment