Sunday 7 November 2010

THE BOTANICAL GARDENS

  It rained on Saturday morning, but by the time I set out on my morning perambulation at 11am it was a lovely sunny day and remained so until about 6pm when it clouded over.  I took a stroll down Government Lane through the Botanical Gardens.  Picture of flowers above for Alan's benefit.  There was also a statue of Cecil Rhodes (see above) as well as a synagogue and a Holocaust Exhibition (see above).   There was also a 230 year old Australian gum tree (see picture below) as well as a museum of African Art.  All of this took me down parallel to Long Street and I eventually cut across a market square full of African articats, stalls and shops before eventually working my way back to Long Street, where I paused at Sofia's Restaurant for a meal.  I got home in time to watch Spurs v Bolton, England v New Zealand, Ireland v South Africa and Wales v Australia all of which was on the telly in my room.  (In the main I wish I hadn't bothered!).

No comments:

Post a Comment