Monday 29 November 2010

HIGHER AND HIGHER

MONDAY 29th NOVEMBER

  I had an early start to the day with a call from Steve Jones at 6.00am to let me know that the tickets for the Adelaide Test Match had arrived from Rob.  After consuming a large portion of fresh fruit salad for breakfast which I had purchased yesterday.  Another shower - I still haven't had a room with a bath - I settled down to watch the last day of the Brisbane Test.  I'm fairly sure that it's the first time all the batsmen in an innings have scored a ton.  Of course it all ended in a draw, but I think England will come away the happier team.  After it all ended,  I ordered the Airport Shuttle Bus to pick me up tomorrow at 11.10am.

  About 2.00pm local time here in Perth, I set off for town catching a bus to the Supreme Court.  This is almost next door to Goverment House.  After that I rambled around the shopping precinct buying some postcards for the kids.
  Last night I spoke to Jim on Skype, and during the conversation Sarah came on line and asked if I had been to the park where you get a panoramic view of Perth.  I said I hadn't and she ouldn't remember it's name.  However I studied a map and came to the conclusion it must be Kings Park.  I followed the street map I had picked up in the hotel.  It was even warmer today, 38.3 degrees, and the walk was virtually all up hill, but I guess it is all good training in getting fit!  And indeed when I reached the park there were amazing views to be seen, as well as a statue of Queen Victoria and a War Memorial dedicated to the soldiers of the First World War.











And indeed these magnificent views kept me occuppied for some time.  I found a cafe and had a thirst queching cup of tea accompanied by a pastie.  I lingered in the park, and took the opportunity to phone Rob to let him know that the tickets were safely with Steve.  I then had the pleasure of walking downhill and soon spotted a bus stop for the 170 bus which I knew would take me back to the hotel.  I now have to go and post my postcards, have some dinner.  All the packing is done except for the things I still need to use.  Next stop Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment