Wednesday 24 November 2010

EVERYTHING'S TUESDAY

TUESDAY 23rd NOVEMBER

  Breakfast was back in the cafe this morning as there was a convention on in the dining room.  Scrambled egg with wild mushrooms on toast (brown) provided a tasty start to the day.  I then took myself and my torn 200 Rand note and asked where there was a bank in locality where I could change the note as no shops would accept it.  The receptionist said there was a bank nearby, but at that point a white chap, whom I took to be the duty manager took over.  He examined the note carefully and told me that the problem was that these notes were being withdrawn from circulation and only the Reserve Bank would exchange them.  He then offered to take it and gave me two brand new 100 Rand notes in exchange.  My faith in humanity (with the exception of Jim who was the filthy swine who palmed the note off on me) was restored.

Suitably funded with negotiable currency I went to catch the People Carrier, purchasing an all day 10 Rand ticket.  I alighted at Dr Yusuf Dadoo Street which is the border of the Asian area and walked up the street taking in its atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment