Sunday 7 November 2010

HALFWAY UP TABLE MOUNTAN


  In the afternoon I was overcome with guilt at not really have done anything to contribute to my training regarding my fitness.  So in a moment of madness I decided to walk up to the Table Mountain cable car station, little realising it was halfway up the mountain!  About a quarter of the way up I ground to a halt, gasping for air.  I breathed deeply for several minutes and contemplated turning back.  But no, we Komorowskis are made of sterner stuff - I decided to carry on.  By the time I was halfway up my legs were a bit sore but the lungs were working fine.  By the time I was threequarters of the way up I was leaping about like a gazelle - well maybe more like a baby elephant to be truthful! I finally arrived just below the cable car station and was relieved to discover a bench.
I promptly sat down on it and looked up at the extent of the cable car going up to the top.

Over to my left was the Lion's Head, with the sun starting to set behind it.  Towards the end of next week I anticipate going all the way up in the cable car and surveying the view from the top.  Meantime here's a view from halfway up.

  That's the Lion's Head just above.  (I still haven't figured out how to caption the pictures Jim!).Whilst it took me two and three quarter hours to get up, I fairly flew down in three quarters of an hour.  Macchu Piccu here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment