Wednesday 3 November 2010

ARRIVED IN AFRICA

  Well  I've set foot on African soil for the first time.  The sun is out again.  Yesterday was not without its trauma.  Andrew phoned at 2.30pm (the time he was due to pick me up at) to say he was stuck in a traffic jam in Kings Cross.  A quick call to Alan and he was round in about 15 minutes and duly got me to the airport on time.  Thanks Alan!  The only downside is that I left my sunglasses in the car that I have loaned to Andrew, so I shall have to invest in a new pair.

  A phonecall from the airport to Shauna and James had them very excited and Shauna insisted that I listed all the countries I was going to visit and made her mother write them down. I promised to send postcards.  The plane was full and I had an aisle seat but next to me was a large Danish journalist for whom the seats were not really large enough.  The transfer to the Cape Town flight seems to have gone smoothly and I am currently taking light refreshments in the BidAir Lounge in Johannesburg's Terminal B (thanks Adam).  The flight takes off in an hour and a half so there is plenty of time to explore what other delecacies are available!
I've noticed that the times of the postings don't bear any resemblance to reality.  This has been posted at 08.40 South African time on the 4th November.

1 comment:

  1. Just joined the blog! I hope to hear all the various escapades en route.

    Good Luck

    Syd

    ReplyDelete