Monday 30 May 2011

WORKING AWAY

MONDAY 30th MAY

  I woke up about 5.00am and caught the last 15 minutes of the Test Match before going back to sleep. Got up about 8.00am and had the continental breakfast, before driving the car round to the Ace Rentals depot.  The girl didn't even ask for my sketch with previous damage marked on it.  I was a bit concerned as I appear to have acquired orange scrape marks on the rear mudguard and either side of it.  However the girl came back and said everything was fine and asked me if I would like a lift anywhere.  So I didn't need to order a cab to get me back to the hotel.

  I discovered that the hotel had a computer with a printer attached for public use so I was able to print off my voucher for Machu Pichu which arrived by e-mail a few days ago.  After that I worked on stuff for Charly, before walking down the road for lunch.  I had fish and chips and also bought stamps and posted
cards to all the grandchildren.  Note to Robert:  I sent Nick's to the Eastwood address as I didn't have the Epping address - hopefully it will reach him in due course. Had a couple of e-mails from the Saddler fraternity giving me the latest.  My back was bad this afternoon so I took some pain killers and it eased somewhat towards evening.  I have packed except for essentials, and my flight is about 4.00pm tomorrow.  I need to check out of my room at 10.00am so I guess I'll take my book and computer into the lounge.  South America here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment