Monday 16 May 2011

LAST WEEK IN DUNEDIN

MONDAY 16th MAY

The forecast gales and rain didn't materialise this morning, the weather was cloudy but the clouds were high and there were a few breaks which exposed the sunshine.  I watched the Wigan v West Ham game and then thought I'd watch a DVD but manage to completely eliminate all sign of life from the TV in trying to switch to DVD mode - God life gets complicated at times.  I got an e-mail from theFlight Centre asking me if I could come in today.  By the time I got myself sorted the clouds were closing in, so I took my waterproof jacket with me, and it was just as well I did.  I added a flight to Quito from Lima in order to meet Alex and paid for all the tickets which more than doubled my round-the-world ticket costs!  Afterwards I drove up to Prince Street and parked up - by now it was raining pretty steadily - and walked up to the Disk Den.  It is basically two shops joined together and is full of LP's, CD's and Cassettes.  I was happily esconsed there for some time, and evetually found a Herma Keill & the Keil Isles CD for about a fiver - they were a New Zealand rock'n'roll group from the '50s/'60s that I had some stuff by already but not this one.
Then I went to the large supermarket and stocked up with some food for the week and made contact with Alex confirming my date of arrival in Quito.  It turns out I'll be there for his birthday, which is a happy coincidence.

  I had another report from Robert on the Tigers and I'm glad to say that Nick continues scoring goals, and the team hammered the opposition and they are now top of the league.

  More by luck than by judgement, Scott's lodger was able to restore the picture to the TV and I watched another rugby league match, and shortly hope to watch the highlights of the Liverpool v Spurs game YEAAIAAAHHH!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment