Saturday 28 May 2011

FINAL LEG - HAMILTON TO AUCKLAND

  SUNDAY 29th MAY

  I got up about 8ish and after a wash and shave (only a shower again) and a cup of coffee I did an hour or so for Charly, then packed up my bags, and set off for Auckland, some 120Km away.  The sun was shining brightly although I encountered cloud enroute.  First time I came across an Expressway with dual carriageway and two lanes in each direction.  A very easy drive compared to many of the previous legs.  I arrived at the Kiwi Airport Hotel about 11.30am, checked that I was booked in and said I'd come back in an hour or so.  The hotel has a giant kiwi bird perched on the roof, but all the staff I have seen so far are
Indian!  This is actualkly a hotel not a motel as have been all my previous stop overs.  It doesn't have a sink nor a microwave, but does have a restuarant and bar and a complimentary continental breakfast and is only $79 a night.  I have two nights here before heading for Santiago on Tuesday.

  I drove off to have a late breakfast in a cafe just down the road, before returning to the hotel, checking in and unloading all my baggage from the car for the first time in a week.  I then drove off and found the Ace Rentals offices where I need to get the car to before 9.00am tomorrow.  I topped the car up with petrol on the way, and bought a couple of beers on the way back to watch the cricket highlights at 3.30pm and then rugby league.  Then an early night in readiness  for action tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment