Sunday 15 May 2011

CHILL OUT WEEKEND Pt 2

SUNDAY 15th MAY

  Woke up to another cloudless sky and the sun doing its business.  Scott cooked up some bacon and egg rolls and later in the morning we went into down to visit the Sky Centre.   There I went through my possible requirements in South America travelwise, and settled on an itinerary that went Santiago-Easter Island- Santiago-Lima-Cuzco-Puno-La Paz-Mexico City-Panama-Rio de Janiero- Fortaleza-Sao Paolo.  Laura the assistant who dealt with me is going to e-mail all of this to me, other than Cuzco-Puno which I have booked on the internet (Andean Express Train) and the bus journey from Puno to LaPaz.  I will hopefully firm up and book my remaining airline tickets this week.

  I'm planning to get a relocation car from Christchurch to Auckland and travel to Christchurch next Sunday.  In the meantime I've e-mailed Alex with my approx dates of travel in the hope that we can meet up somewhere in June.  After the Sky Centre we went for a coffee and then on to Dunedin Station where I purchased an Open Ticket for the 4hour return journey to Taieri Gorge.  However mid-afternoon the skies completely clouded over and it started raining.  The forecast threatens snow for places over 300m high and 120Km/hr winds.  The forecast doesn't look that much better for the next few days, so I'll have to ponder the choice of day carefully.

  About 6.00pm we went off to Rob and Penny for Sunday dinner and were dished up an excellent roast, with yorkshire puds, roasted potatoes and an assortment of veg.  This was followed by ice cream and merigue pie then tea and cake.  I certainly did not leave a hungry man!

No comments:

Post a Comment