Sunday 8 May 2011

BACK TO DUNEDIN

SATURDAY 7th MAY

  If my memory serves me correctly, it is Shauna's birthday today, so many happy returns of the day and I hope you had an absolutely fantastic day.
  I got around 8.00am, packed my stuff in the car, and set off for Dunedin.  It was pretty much overcast all the way, and started to rain before I reached the city.  I got to Scott's house about 11.30am but he was already gone.  I managed to get to the football ground in Roslyn just after half time.  It was still raining quite heavily and when I arrived the score was 1-1.  The final score was 1-4, albeit one of the opposition's goals was blatantly offside, and I should know because I was standing directly in line with the player in question.  So I didn't bring much luck to Roslyn FC!  We stayed at the club for four pints, running both cars home earlier and being brought back to the club by Robert's wife who had followed us to Abbotsford.

  We then caught a cab into town - it was still pissing down - and went to a bar/restaurant where I had fish and chips - blue cod it was and masses of it.  From there we walked to another pub where Michael and a friend of his were drinking and we joined them.  The barman was from Dundee and the bar stocked a considerable array of malt whiskeys.  And so we settled into the old Scottish tradition of beers with whiskey chasers.  I do not remember coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment