Monday 7 March 2011

REMONSTRATING WITH REILLY

MONDAY 7th MARCH

  A nice sunny morning with the temperatures around the mid 20s.  However my temperature rose considerably higher when Robert called me out into the garden to see the torn sleeping matress and foam filling scattered all over the lawn.
   I called Reilly to heel but he refused point blank to come, well aware of his misdemeanour, sitting looking at me in stark disobedience.
When I moved to grab him he retreated behind the shrubbery and looked at me with defiance.

As soon as I made to move into the shrubbery he raced along the back, out around the summerhouse and watched me from the far door.  When I made a move through the summerhouse towards him he raced back around the back and was in the shrubbery again.  I could see I wasn't going to win this particular contest, so I cleaned up all the foam debris from the garden and bought the mat back inside.  I closed the door and settled down to some work on the computer.  Soon Reilly was lying outside the door, and when I opened it he came in as was his wont.  Now I had him trapped inside the summer house.  I grabbed him by the collar and led him to the damaged mat, admonishing him on the way.  I then gave him a couple of smacks and threw him out into the garden, denying him his favourite occupation of lying by my feet and periodically licking them.  I left him out there until the afternoon and then let him in and took him for a walk.

  I was amazed to discover that England had beaten South Africa in the World Cup, as the last time I had heard the score South Africa were 123-3 chasing 172 to win.  For once England's bowlers came to the fore.  I caught a rerun of the South Africa innings in the afternoon on the TV.

  Robert went off in the afternoon for an interview for a job as a warehouse manager with allegedly a food fasting company, which turned out to be a builder's merchant.  This family run business places great importance on religion and asked Robert if he went to church on Sundays, if he was married, if he smoked and if he had any tattooes.  He was okay on the tattooes.  Apparently the company just have a small corner of a warehouse and have one person working there, so Robert was not too impressed.

  I had a look on the internet in the evening an found some good deals on hire cars.  Just hope my credit card turns up in the post soon, although I guess I could always use my debit card or Amex card.

No comments:

Post a Comment