Wednesday 16 March 2011

DELUGE

WEDNESDAY 16th MARCH

  A pretty warm start to the day (it reached 30 degrees), so much so that I donned my singlet when taking the dog for a walk.  We did the long circuit and after returning I set off again for Plumpton, changing my atire to a short sleeved shirt - it has the advantage of a breast pocket for the iPod. .  An almond croissant and coffee sustained me for the day until the evening repast.  I had the foresight to bring my current book with me and sat outside with my coffee having a liesurely read at the same time.  I picked up a Ruth Rendell book in Big W for $3.24 which is about as cheap as I've seen over here for a book.


  After getting back the clouds started gathering and in the mid afternoon the skies darkened.  I went out the front door to drop a couple of empty beer bottles (from last night - not today's consumption) in the bin.  By the time I had walked though the house and gone out the kitchen door (about 5 seconds) the rain was hammering down, and boy did it pour!



  I then got down to some Charly work and this kept me occupied for the bulk of the afternoon.  I managed to reserve a hired car - a Corrola automatic hatchback complete with a GPS for the duration of the girls' stay or at least from the Monday after they arrive.  After Rob and Jeannette got home I drove down in Jeannette's car to Plumpton and purchased a case of Bitburger Premium Beer as stocks were running low.  Again it was dry when I left but by the time I got to the carpark it was tipping down again.  I stayed in the car until I spotted a car parking spot near the entrance and moved the car with some rapidity!  It was then a relatively short dash to the entrance, so I didn't get too wet.  I am now sipping one of my purchases as I write this.

  Dinner consisted of a spicy meal of noodles with various vegetables and meat mixed into it - absolutely delicious, and I finished off Robert's portion as he was unable to finish his.  A bit of Australia v Canada on the box and some more research on Peru and Bolivia on the internet saw out the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment