Tuesday 8 March 2011

HOT DOG

TUESDAY 8th MARCH

    A return to the halcyon days of summer with the temperature reaching 27 degrees in the morning and rising to the low 30s by the afternoon.  Ideal weather for sitting in the summerhouse and getting on with my Charly work.  Robert went off late morning for another interview this one in Seven Hills, not that far away.  Intruigingly they also seemed to be of a religious bent, and wanted to know if he was a Christian, if he smoked and so on.  However by early afternoon he received a call telling him to start at 8.30am tomorrow.

  I in the meantime took Reilly for his daily walk and took in some of the sunshine in the garden.  Late
afternoon I joined Robert in a trip to Epping where Nick had football training.  We returned home via Eastwood where I collected my reserve stock of shaving cream, and we got back to Oakhurst around 7.30pm. There still wasn't any sign of my credit cards, and Mark has e-mailed me suggesting I cancel them and order new ones.  They would still arrive in time for him to give them to Angela to bring out to me. I checked my bank statement and no unauthorised payments have been made on my card to date.  I've decided to wait until the weekend, and if they are not there by then I'll follow Mark's advice.  I also discovered on Facebook that Xandra Sherman had reached Machu Pichu on her world trip.

  When we got back Robert asked me if I would pop over to the Plumpton Shopping centre to get some wine as he had had enough of driving for the day.  I was told to take Jeannette's car, which I did and even managed to reverse it back into the drive at the third attempt.  I made the mistake of forgetting to take my glasses with me so all I could read on the bottle was the price and the make of wine.  However my bottle of Chardonnay tasted fine, I don't know what the Shiraz was like.  Awaiting us for supper were hot dogs as well as another hot dog in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment