Saturday 26 March 2011

A LOVELY DAY

THURSDAY 24th MARCH

  It turned out to be another lovely day with clear blue skies (doubtless they will all disappear by Saturday!).

After taking the dog for his walk I ambled up to the Plumpton Shopping Centre with a black T-shirt I had bought in a sale yesterday.  I purchased a size "XL" but it was a bit tight so I thought I'd change it for an "XXL" as I like my T-shirts loose.  But when I got to the shop in question the rack marked "$5 each" was no longer there.  "Curses", I thought and went on to Woolies to buy their equivalent of Brillo pads to clean the gas oven.  I went for a coffee, read the paper and then returned to the clothes shop.  They still had "Sale" signs about so I decided to go in and have a look around.  And there on the back of one of the statnds, invisible from the front of the shop were the black T-shirts.  I got mine exchanged and returned home well satisfied.

  Rob rang about 3.00pm telling me that Nick had football training this evening, but I decided it was probably a bit late to try and get there by bus and train (Rob goes straight from work at Seven Hills as it is half way there).  Nick apparently immediately asked where I was and Robert told him I wasn't well.  Nick then wanted to know details of what was wrong with me, so Robert told him I was a bit tired and there was nothing as such wrong with me.  (Opinions may differ on that score, but there you are!).

  I spent the evening chatting with Jeannette and working on the computer.  Robert returned home quite late (he had been baby sitting as Jane went out for a meal with friends), and went straight to bed when he got back.  Despite his absence, or maybe because of it, Jeannette and I managed to consume quite a few beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment