Wednesday 23 March 2011

CURRY NIGHT

WEDNESDAY 23rd MARCH

  I got up relatively early at 8.00am and went to check my e-mails.  There was a request from Charly wanting to borrow some of my records, so I told them I could let John and Mark know if they let me know when they are going to call round and one of them would let them in and show them to the CD room.  I'm awaiting an answer.  (I gave them Mark's mob no in case, and they have my home number).

  Reilly got himself entangled in his rope bone which he has thoroughly chewed and it got caught in his claws.  No way could I pull it off without him squealing, so I had to carefully operate with some scissors and cut it all away without injuring the dog in the process.  It seemed to work as he ran and bounded around the park quite freely.  Again it was a warm and sunny day, around 29/30 degrees.

  I got a text message from Bridie checking if she had my correct mobile number her in Oz and asking if it was still raining.  I'm having trouble with texting on my i-Phone, I don't really know why as I used to do it without any difficulty - maybe it is advancing old age!  During the process I received a text from Optus telling me my credit was about to run out, so I promptly got the voucher I purchased on Sunday and updated my credit.  In the end I gave up on texting and phoned through to Bridie's mobile, and confirmed that she had the right number - I had been meaning to e-mail it to her, but then I thought, Alan's got it, so he will doubtless pass it on - in fact he already had done so!  I told her the weather was fine, but having checked the forecast some showers are due over the weekend.  Talking of Alan, I got an e-mail from Amazon sent on Tuesday saying that my Spanish South American phrase book had been posted to Alan's address.  It's going to be touch and go if it arrives in time for Bridie to bring it over to me.

  I set off for Plumpton, having foregone breakfast and lunch, and with my shopping list in my top pocket I started off in Big W.  I duly found some new shower curtains for the gaff as instructed by Robert, pale blue in colour.  I then went to Woolworths to buy ingredients for tonight's curry that I am cooking.  I found everything I was looking for and went with the Telegraph for a refreshing coffee, before walking back home fairly heavily laden.  My arms were almost dropping off by the time I got back!  I peeled the potatoes on my return, and put them on a slow boil.  I then made Bombay potatoes, curried mushrooms, and finely chopped chicken breasts with loads of garlic, some lemon and herbs, hot curry powder and Cashew Masala sauce.  It was all just about ready for 6.00pm, Robert arriving in time to find the rice and get it cooking before Jeannette arrived home.  The dinner went down well and Jeannette got off to her parents' evening for Jayden at 7.00pm.  Robert reckoned she would be back within the hour, but it is currently 7.58pm and there is no sign of her.

  It is Carina's birthday today if I'm not mistaken, so many happy returns of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment