Thursday 3 March 2011

DISASTERS ALL ROUND

THURSDAY 3rd MARCH

  Glad to say the weather perked up and the sun returned and the temperature rose back to summer heights.  I watched a re-run of Ireland's reply to the England innings and all seemed to be well at 111-5.  But then came the O'Brien blitz.  I doubt if he will ever play another innings like it again - the fastest ton in World Cup history scored off only 50 balls.  England's fielding continued to be lamentable and Anderson, Yardy and Strauss all dropped catches that would prove to be extremely costly.  Strauss' was the most difficult but if only one of the three had been held it would probably have meant an England victory, as it was Ireland won in the last over!  It's time to go back to the DVD of the Ashes!

  Got an e-mail from Mark to say that my CD's had arrived, but my credit cards when I checked yesterday had not arrived at Eastwood.  Robert phoned to say he was meeting Dougie for a drink after work and asked if I wanted to come to which I answered in the affirmative.  He also told me that Juan, Jannette's father had fallen off a ladder whilst pruning a tree and had badly broken his arm in more than one place.  Jannette had gone straight from work to the hospital to see him.

  Robert was a bit miffed that yet again he wasn't going to be working a full week, as his boss told him not to come in tomorrow.  Since Christmas Robert hasn't had one 5 day week at work. Anyway we beat Dougie to the pub, not that he was that far behind!  During the conversation the matter of my injured elbow came up and I mentioned that Robert was very keen to pull the plasters off.  I said I would rather do it myself, and proceeded to make good my statement.  The elbow still looked raw and bloody, and Dougie who is a rep for a company servicing the medical profession, said he had samples of dressings in his car.  Duly laden with an assortment of dressings and bandages we returned home.  Robert took great delight in applying Dettol to my injury, which stung like hell!  Anyway it is now under the protection of one of Dougie's dressings.

  Jeannette had returned from the hospital by the time we got in.  Juan is being kept in hospital overnight and they are going to operate tomorrow and insert a metal plate.  She is taking the day off to go and see him, and Robert said we would probably do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment