Monday 21 March 2011

THE DAY THAT THE RAINS CAME DOWN

MONDAY 21st MARCH

  Or in the French version Le Jour Ou La Pluie Viendra, both sung by Jane Morgan.  However the morning was relatively dry and hot and humid, so much so that I took Reilly out, but the there were massive puddles everywhere, and even where there were no puddles the grass was sopping wet.  Reilly did not care, he raced through the mud, the puddles with equal impunity!

  After getting up I tried contacting Mark on Skype, but despite several efforts only managed to exchange a few words as the connection kept cutting out and the quality of the connection was poor.  I did manage to learn that Chelsea had won and England were going to face Sri Lanka in the World Cup.

  Upon returning from my walk my sandals were soaking wet and covered in mud and grass.  I didn't venture out again as the rains started coming down.  Described as showers, the rain comes down in a ferocious torrent for maybe 10-15 minutes and then stops for a while.  However eventually the skies completely filled in and it got quite dark and it poured and poured.

  So it was down to reading, working on the computer and in the evening watching Two And A Half Men on TV.  Alan phoned in the evening and gave me the latest from the committee meetings at the SPK in Amersham. The forecast is for the weather to gradually improve from mid-week, let's hope that is the case otherwise I'll be confined to barracks with Reilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment