Monday 28 March 2011

BLACKTOWN

FRIDAY 25th MARCH

    Reilly was ready for his morning walk when I got up, so Itook him for a run around the park, and at the same time got my own circulation going!  I then walked to the bus stop, had a 25 minute wait for the bus and then another 25 minute one for the train at Mount Druitt.  But eventually I got to Blacktown.  This time I had taken the precaution of looking up the address of the second hand CD shop on the internet before leaving. I needed no 12 Main Street.  There was a sign for Main Street at the station exit, so I didn't have far to go.  Then of course none of the shops had a number showing.  I walked up the road until I came across no 50.  A bit further on it was no 55, so obviously I had to retrace my steps.  I eventually located no 12, it turned out to be the party headquarters for John Robertson, the Labour candidate and potential new leader of the party.  The signs for the CD shop had been reversed but were still visible in black and white.
 It is the State elections on Saturday and Labour are expected to get decimated.  Anyway so much for my CD shop!  I did find a JB HiFi store in the Westpoint Shopping Centre precinct and got a Seekers A&B&EP sides compilation as well as a Greatest Hits by Shirley Bassey.

  I then caught a train to Strathfield and thence to Eastwood.  I popped into Woolies and got necessary provisions for the Hilton as well as a 2 litre pack of Chardonnay.  Loaded down with these items I caught the 745 bus up to the Marist College and then walked round the corner to Ward Street.

  My first job was hanging the new shower curtains, then I got round to cleaning the shower tray and the rest of the bathroom.  I then hoovered the ground floor, cleaned the kitchen area and threw out the rubbish.  I had done all this before Robert got in about 7.00pm.  He inspected all of my handiwork, and gave it his nod of approval, and then suggested we went for dinner at the Eastwood.  We both had calamari and chips, (having given up meat on Fridays for Lent), but had to move indoors due to the rain. 

  After getting back Rob hoovered the sleeping area and fitted the newly washed bed clothes.  I rang Alan to check the girls' flight number and ascertained it was BA0009.  The expected time of arrival on the internet was 06.05am.  I went off to sleep about 10.30pm but Robert stayed downstairs with the TV on.  It kept waking me up periodically throughout the night so much so that I had a lousy night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment