Thursday 17 March 2011

LIVERPOOL AND ALL IN VAIN!

THURSDAY 17th MARCH

  An overcast warm and sultry morning, around 25/6 degrees, which saw me take Reilly for an early walk. We nearly had an encounter of the the nasty kind with a rather large doberman.  Fortunately I spotted him before Reilly and called him over to me and grabbed hold of his collar.  The owner of the doberman put him on a leash when he saw us.  Reilly wriggled and strained to break my grip and barked ferociously.  The doberman's owner gave me a wave as he passed by.  I hung on to Reilly until the doberman was over the other side of the park and then pointed him in the direction of home and let him go.  Thankfully he continued heading for home.

  Around 11.30 I set off to catch the bus to Mount Druitt, but this time had about a 20 minute wait.  I explored the shopping centre thoroughly, and found the two book shops mentioned by Jeannette.  In one I picked up an excellent map of New Zealand, so I can now start planning my movements in May.  I was tempted by a seafood platter for lunch for $8.00 which really filled me up and then set off for Liverpool.  When I was over a couple of years ago, Robert drove me over to see Ralph at his home in Liverpool  (Adam and Karen you doubtless know it well!), and on the way through Liverpool I spotted a shop that claimed to be a "Secondhand CD Shop".  I decided to go in search of it.

  Alighting at Liverpool station I headed down towards the old shopping area.  Unfortunately all the streets

looked much the same to me.  And there was quite a few of them.  I walked around for a couple of hours without so much sniffing a record shop of any kind, nor even a book shop. 
 I spotted a nice palm, but that was scant consolation.
  I caught the train back to Mount Druitt and a bus from there to Oakhurst.  There was no one in when I arrived - Robert had gone straight from work to take Nick to football training.  Much to Jane's chagrin he has been demoted to the "B" Team following last Sunday's trial games.  Robert is much more philosophical about the situation.  Me - I'm having a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment