Monday 24 January 2011

WALKING THE DOG

MONDAY 24th JANUARY

  Once the premises were vacated I rose in a leisurely manner and adjourned to the bathroom with a book, where I took time to soak my weary limbs.  After a cup of coffee and a sandwich I took Reilly for a walk, going in the opposite direction this time.  The sun was getting pretty hot by this time, and I returned home fairly knackered.


  After checking the sports news on my Iphone, I checked my e-mails on the computer and tried ringing Jim again on Skype but yet again got no response.  I had the Iphone in my hand when Alan rung, (luckily for him)so I answered immediately. He told me that he was up to date with the blog, so I didn't have too much new to impart. He is off down the beach tomorrow, but other than that I didn't learn too much about his recent activities, (I assume he has been down to the tennis). I then read for quite a while before deciding to crack on with creating the 1961 UK Hits on the Content Editor.  This saw me through to the return of the workers, and as there was curry and rice left over from last night, I cooked some more Bombay potatoes and curried mushrooms and we had another great blow out washed down by further couple of bottles of Bowler's Run.

  Rob and I then took Reilly for another walk around the park, which by the time we got back, left him panting like a good 'un.  I wasn't panting but Cold Filtered certainly went down well.  More reading and catching up with the blog saw me through the rest of the evening.

  Having celebrated Robert's birthday on the 1-1-11, we also had Mark's birthday on 11-1-11 and Armistice Day will fall on 11-11-11, there will also be 1-11-11 truly a digitalised year!  A driver careering somewhat erratically on a street in Adelaide was stopped by a policeman who asked him to blow in the breathaliser.  The driver produced a medical note to say he was a chronic asthmatic and couldn't be asked to blow heavily.  The policeman then said that in that case he would require a blood sample.  The driver produced a medical note to say he was a haemophiliac and musn't have his skin punctured in any shape or form.  The policeman said in that case he would need a urine sample.  The driver produced another letter stating that this man is an Australian cricketer, please don't take the piss out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment