Thursday 27 January 2011

STILL HOT

THURSDAY 27th JANUARY

  Although a bit cloudy it was still very hot this morning.  Took Reilly for a walk about 10.30am and then resorted to working on the 1961 hits for the rest of the day.  Upon reflection about yesterday's head whacking event, I realised that not a word of warning was shouted by Robert.  No "Look out Dad", or "Duck" or "Dive"!  Should I contact my solicitors?  There's a matter to ponder!

  Robert picked me up about 4.45pm and we drove over to Carlingford to pick Nick up.  In the event after initially declaring he didn't want to come, when he eventually changed his mind he wasn't quite ready to go, so we pressed on and Jane brought him out a bit later.

  The Tigers were 2-0 up at half time and eventually won 2-1.  Although he didn't score, this was the best performance I have seen from Robert.  He used his speed and skill to beat players and passed well. 
Maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and refrain from contacting my solicitors after all.

                                          Dougie scores the second and winning goal
Thankfully the temperature had dropped a bit by 6.00pm but it was still quite warm, as I soon discovered when Nick challenged me to a race around perimeter of the park, he on his scooter me on my feet - I must be mad!!

No need to guess the result of that one!  As if that wasn't enough I then played football with him.  After a while I realised that the game wasn't going to end unless I let him score the winning goal.  I had until then defended stoutly, flattening him if he showed signs of beating me for pace (not too difficult as my sprinting days are over).  With muscles I had forgotten I had starting to ache overtly, it was time to let him through to score.
                                         Nick protesting that he had been fouled!
Robert had in the meantime been celebrating the victory with a can of beer, and I joined those celebrations!  We then took Nick back to Carlingford, where I indulged in a game of tennis with Nick in the courtyard outside the garages.  The number of times a ball bounces is irrelevant as far as Nick is concerned and he serves when he feels like it.  However he has the scoring of pat.  Rob gave him a final game as the light totally faded.  We looked after him until Jane returned from her session with her Chinese acupuncturist.  A late meal at the Eastwood with just one glass of wine completed the evening's entertainment.  It didn't take long to get to sleep!

  Premier Julia Gillard announced a levy tax to help pay for the Queensland flood damage.  It has not gone down well with the public, who have already raised millions through donations, charity events and collections and feel that after giving money voluntarily they are now being taxed for the same thing, when the government can easily pay for the damage out of existing funds.  The Premier and the government's popularity is plummeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment