Thursday 13 January 2011

CHEZ THE JORDAN'S

THURSDAY 13th JANUARY

 After getting up about 8.00am and having a coffee for breakfast, which was all I wanted, I joined Roddy in his study where he showed me his current work in progress, namely the book on the Little Richard, Crickets,  Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent and Alis Lesley tour to Australia in 1957.  Again he has assembled an amazing array of photographs and memorabilia as well as piecing together the sequence of the door, details about the artists and a plethora of facts and figures to satisfy the most demanding.  He showed me incontravertable proof that the show was broadcast on the 8th of November and not the 11th of October as I had stated in my notes on the Rockstar CD, but otherwise apparently my notes passed muster.  We are now waiting for a reply from Derek Glenister to see if he can remember where he got the clearance for a couple of the photos on the Rockstar CD.

  Roddy, Christine and her sister Wilma moved into this house about 18 months ago.  It is sufficiently high up to be safe from flooding and the house has been extended to give Wilma her own corner in the house.  There is an enclosed patio at the back with a fantastic view and it is completely sheltered from the wind.  A very pleasant to eat and read.

                                     

  We took a run into Lennox Head in the afternoon where Roddy went to pick up some cholesterol tablets in readiness for his trip to the States next week, and I got some post cards for the grandchildren.  After dinner we watch Blackpool achieve the double over Liverpool, before I adjourned to carry on reading the intruiging Holly book.

No comments:

Post a Comment