Saturday 29 January 2011

BOWLING IN CASTLE HILL

SATURDAY 29th JANUARY

  Robert woke me up just after 8.00am, and I must confess that I awoke with quite a hangover - I must have had more of that red wine than I realised last night.  I was rushed out of the house and as a result left my wallet and all my money behind.  We drove over to Carlingford and I managed to get a cup of coffee, but still felt far from sprightly.  After Jingles had thoroughly inspected my toes and then had gone bounding around the room like a demented dervish, we made plans on where to go.  The original intention had been to go to Balmain beach,but as it was cloudy and the temperature was down to the low 20s, Robert declared it wasn't really a beach day, and Nick opted for 10 pin bowling.  We set off for Castle Hill and got there fairly quickly, but once there Robert couldn't find the Bowling Alley.  We must have driven around, through and into Castle Hill about ten times when a McDonalds jogged Robert's memory and we found the said emporium.

  Modesty forbids from relating who won both games, suffice to say that Robert came second in the first game and Nick came second in the next one.  Rob got Nick some chicken nuggets and chips and I had a few of Nick's chips to partially alleviate my growing hunger.






I can't bear to look!

                                    Not totally satisfied with his shot
                                    Robert wonders how he managed to miss all 10!
                                    Now that was more like it.
The scoreboard doesn't lie!

  After the game was over Nick found a "Deal/No Deal" slot machine.  Somebody must have left some money in it as Nick got several games on it and won 195 tickets.  This he was able to exchange for a toy of his choice, so he left a very happy chappie!  Rob drove Nick back to Carlingford where Jane took him on to one of his friends where there is a swimming pool.  We meantime called in at Eastwood where I collected my phone charger and the smoked salmon from the fridge. We then headed back to Oakhurst.  A smoked salmon sandwich went down a treat until a very tasty beef and potato stew finally alleviated my hunger.  I stuck to just a glass of wine tonight, having a cup of tea and shunning the offers of beer and wine whilst watching the female final in the Australian Open in which Kim Clijsters beat Li Na by two sets to one.

No comments:

Post a Comment