Monday 10 January 2011

A QUIET MONDAY

MONDAY 10th JANUARY

  Never stirred from the pad until 4.00pm.  In the meantime watched my first ever episode of Hannah Montana, a Carry On film and two episodes of Spooks on DVD.  I then took a walk down into town and purchased fresh prawns, mushrooms, pasta and carbonara sauce and parmesan for tonight's dinner.

  I phoned Alan to enquire how the fishing went and apparently he caught two flatheads which were gutted on the boat ready for the evening meal.  An added bonus was that he avoided being sick on the boat!  Seemingly he lost contact with me, albeit I could hear him fine.  He said he would call back, but I never heard from him again so he must have fallen into a communication black hole.

  Robert came in after five and suggested we go down to the Eastwood to catch the end of the England v President's XI match.  And catch the end we did with England requiring 4 runs for victory when we arrived and achieving it with two shots.  We called in at Dan Murphy's and stocked up with a case of Shiraz and a couple of bottles of Chardonnay and Cabarnet Sauvignon, which went down a treat with the pasta dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment