Monday 17 January 2011

BACK TO SYDNEY

MONDAY 17th JANUARY

  My stay in Lennox Head is coming to an end.  I've had to book in luggage (for $10) as I have purchased Roddy's collection of Reminiscing and Rockin' 50s magazines.  Chatted to Roddy this morning.  He had to call his computer man out as he couldn't swich his machine on this morning.  It was dust in the machine that was causing the problem, but he decided to buy a 4 Gig laptop anyway and discovered that his current machine was only 0.512 Gig.  Amongst the myriad of photos Roddy showed me was one of Duane Eddy in action in Australia.  I wonder if Jim has that one? Roddy most kindly gave me copies of his Australian and New Zealand illustrated discographies of Buddy Holly as well as a CD of Australian Promos and Interviews of Buddy Holly, Paul Anka, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jodie Sands.  Additionally I received a set of 36 Eddie Cochran Collector Cards.  A generous man indeed!
  At 1.45pm Roddy took me to Ballina after I had bidden farewell to Christine and Wilma and thanked them for their hospitality.  Roddy told me I was always welcome back and that was on good authority as it came from Christine.  Apparently somebody who made his own bed was a welcome guest!  The flight was chocka, but departed on time.  I managed to get an aisle seat which was good.


And so it was time to say farewell to Ballina.

  I caught the train from the airport to Eastwood and got a cab to the pad as I was somewhat laden down.  I walked back into town to lay on some provisions and stopped off at the Indian Restaurant where I had a very pleasant meal before returning home to catch up with this blog.  It is young Adam's birthday and I have sent him an e-mail but I'm not sure if I had the right address, so just in case - Happy Birthday.  Robert tried to phone him over the weekend but failed to get through.


FORT MACADEMIA

SUNDAY 16th JANUARY

More discussions on record matters, and Roddy played me some Del Shannon and Waylon Jennings tracks.  We watched more Opry stars on DVD, and then Roddy took me for a drive around the surrounding countryside including a stop off at Fort Macademia where I purchased a croc cup for Nick.  We then drove to a town nearby for lunch, where I had garlic prawns and Roddy was able to get a glutton free dish of chicken.  The weather has turned really nice now.  We eventually returned home, where we watched the Gold Coast beat Newcastle 2-0 and then the first one dayer.  Sadly England lost a close game

No comments:

Post a Comment