Friday 21 January 2011

LOOKING AFTER NICK

FRIDAY 21st JANUARY

  I got up after all the inhabitants had left and had a bath.  I took my Iphone with me and scoured the sports news.  I discovered that Pienaar had signed for Spurs, that Darren Bent had gone to Villa and Prior was back in the England one day team.  I let Reilly back into the outhouse area - we have become great friends and he constantly wants me to tickle his belly when he isn't licking my toes, arms and face.  I had him racing round the

garden like a good 'un, but in terms of retreiving the sticks I threw for him he was a bit of a disappointment.  After a coffee and a roll I read a book, tickled Reilly's tummy  until it was time to rendezvous with Rob who drove me to Mount Druitt where I caught a train to Clyde and thence to Carlingford.  I went to the Carlingford Court Shopping Cente, indulged in a Peach Shake, had a look around and wandered down to Coleman Avenue in the searing heat.  Nick was nursing a headache when I arrived but it disappeared pretty quickly after my arrival.  Jane was going off to a 40th birthday cooking party, and I was left in charge of the grandson.  We were soon playing football - I lost 10-8.  Rob then arrived and we went down the park for a game of cricket.  Nick won this as well.
he scored more runs than anybody.  We then had a game of football which Nick & I won.  Nick was not happy that I scored the winning goal!

  A couple of pizzas from Dominos washed down by a few beers saw us watch an England defeat that really pissed off Robert.  He had a $20 wager and a case of beer on an England win with his bosses at work.  Ce La vie!  We then played cards and all I'm sure is that Rob lost but I'm not sure who came 2nd between Nick and I - the rules seemed to change with each hand!

  Rob and I adjourned to the Eastwood - it is Friday after all - for a few refreshing tipples and then came back to the pad for eggs and bacon, washed down by an Okocim.  Night night! - said Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment