Tuesday 18 January 2011

DAY IN

TUESDAY 18th JANUARY

  Spent the day watching several episodes of Spooks and reading the magazines I bought from Roddy.  Eventually walked down to the shopping centre in Eastwood and bought some rolls as the bread I thought I had was mouldy, and the milk was dated the 18th.  Bought other foodstuffs to make a strogonoff which went down well.  I also bought what I thought was a carton of Tropical fruit juice but after swigging a mouthful realised it was fruit concentrate to be dissolved in water!  I was too late to get into the telecom shop to get an Optus voucher for my mobile, which expires on the 21st, so I'll have to go again tomorrow.

  I had an e-mail from the president's office regarding the foreword, asking me to phone, which I duly did.  I learnt that the foreword is awaiting the president's approval, and confirmed it was to be translated into English.  I was told I should get it next week.  I communicated this to the publishers and hopefully everything will be on course.

  I spoke with Robert who enquired how I was getting on, and I told him I had had a reply from Adam stating that he had been away over the weekend and suggesting I phone him on Skype. Sent an e-mail to Mark asking if my new credit card had turned up but apparently it hasn't.  After consuming my strogonoff with pasta and leeks I had some fruit salad and watched TV until 10.30 and then adjourned.  One of my more placid days I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment