Wednesday 19 January 2011

SWANNING AROUND

WEDNESDAY 19th JANUARY

  It was a full moon today and I had a long old sleep before venturing down to Eastwood.  I posted cards to all the grandchildren from my trip to northern NSW, and then went and purchased a voucher for my mobile. There was a brief shower but I dived into the arcade and by the time I came out it was over. A quick call into Woolworths saw me purchase some Swiss cheese and a couple of tiramisus. I had taken a book with me and called in at Bo Jo's for a pot of tea and scones with jam and cream, and had a read sitting outside.

  Thereafter I returned to the pad, watched some more episodes of Spooks and read a bit more.  I also sorted out all my photographs putting them in a file on my external 680 Gig drive, and deleted them from my computer drive.  I also decided to have a look at Uncle Gil's website that I hadn't seen since I was in London.  As a result I downloaded 18 albums that I also put on the external hard drive.  Rockabilly Ranch appears to have gone whilst I've been away but one or two sites are still around.

  I cooked another beef stroganoff with mushrooms for dinner and polished off the bottle of Bowlers Run Shiraz.  Spoke to Nick and Rob on the phone.  My son is going to pick me up tomorrow evening and take me to watch him play football.  I have finally got Adam's correct Skype address at work (third time lucky), but he tells me he is away in Berlin and the Hague until the weekend, so I'll try him on the home Skype address.  Mark tells me he will post my additional medication this weekend, which he is picking up to see me through the nine months of my trip (I only got a prescription for six this being the maximum the quack was allowed to give me).  A bit more reading, some TV and off to bed about 11.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment