Wednesday 19 January 2011

TERRY'S CREEK WALK

THURSDAY 20th JANUARY

  A relatively early start to the day for a change.  Whilst the forecast was for rain, the weather looked pretty good to me with a few clouds around but predominantly sunny.  After breakfast I downloaded a couple of things and read my book.  Around midday I decided to go for a walk, recalling that Mark had found a route somewhere down one of the adjoining roads.  I was lucky as I found it straight away, it was called Terry's Creek Walk.





   It ultimately led to the Blue Gum High Forest and the whole walk took me about an hour with a rest on a bench to watch a father and son racing a radio controlled car around at amazing speeds around on a large expanse of green.  I returned home and cooked a bite of lunch rounded off by a tiramasu, and jolly tasty it was too!  I finished my book and watched another episode of Spooks - I have one more episode of Series 6 to watch and the whole of series 7.  I believe series 8 is out on DVD but I haven't got it yet.

  Robert picked me up and took me along to Macquarie Park where I watched his team Epping/Eastwood Tigers record a thumping 5-2 victory.  Pav scored the opening goal, and the second opposition goal clearly came off the crossbar without going over the line.  I yelled abuse at the referee, demanding the introduction of TV technology!  Robert also scored a goal, bringing back the glory days of his youth!  He put in a few superb sliding tackles and was ruthlessly mown down by an opposition player when effectively clean through.  I scorned with derision the yellow card given by the ref, giving him every encouragement to show a red card.  Much to my amazement Robert made no attempt to thump the guilty party!

  I went with Rob to Oakhurst to see his new gaff.  I sat in the very pleasant summerhouse area but unfortunately the act of crossing my legs caused the chair on which I was sitting to collapse.  I cannot conceive that it was my weight that caused the two rear legs to disintegrate, but whatever I landed up on my back side!  I also made my first acquaintance with Reilly who is currently suffering with fleas.

Anyway the bottles of red wine purchased on the way went down a treat with the excellent meal Jeannette cooked for us.  I duly adjourned for an excellent night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment