Monday 28 February 2011

LAST DAY OF SUMMER

MONDAY 28th FEBRUARY

  Well summer comes to an end today, and the forecast is for showers right up to the weekend.  Mind you the temperatures are set to be between 25 - 36 degrees during this period, so not exactly cold.  I watched India v England in the World Cup last night up to the end of the India innings - things might have been worse but for Bresnan's bowling at the death, but even so it was the highest total against England in the World Cup.  Robert set the England innings to record, so when I got up I went straight to the TV.  Unfortunately the instructions I had received didn't seem to work, although eventually more by luck than judgement I managed to locate the recording and set it in motion.  It all looked to be going splendidly with Strauss passing 150 and Bell well past his 50 and England with only two wickets down needing 80 odd off of 12 or 13 overs.  At this point the recording abruptly came to an end.  Confidently looking for an England victory I was somewhat disappointed to find on the Foxtel Sports News that the game had ended in a tie with England having only two wickets in hand  (as they had lost less wickets than India I think England should have been awarded the game).  There was some consolation to be gained from West Ham beating Liverpool, and Birmingham beating Arsenal in the League Cup Final.

  It was a pretty hot morning, so after I had caught up on the sports news I took Reilly out for his walk.  There was no sign of his molester from yesterday.  About 2.30pm I decided to walk up to Plumpton Shopping Centre reflecting that the weather forecast people had really got it wrong with their predictions of showers, as by now the sky was blue and the sun was really beating down.  As I reached the Shopping Centre, I happened to glance behind me and noticed that the sky was black and the clouds were heading my way!  I just managed to get in the centre before the skies opened and the rain beat down ferociously.  I went looking for a brush for Reilly and found just the thing in Big W, a PetLite brush for removing loose hairs.  I purchased a Telegraph and went into a cafe to have a coffee and a cake whilst I caught up on the worldwide news.  I could see the rain bouncing up from the pavements outside, and pondered on just how wet I would get walking back home.  However by the time I had finished both the paper and the coffee the dark clouds had cleared and it had stopped raining.

  I put the brush to good use on my return and the dog's fur is now nice and smooth and fluffy, whilst the brudsh has collected quite a number of hairs.  There have been quite a few more showers this evening and I have had to don a long sleeve shirt as there is a cool breeze blowing ce soir.  Robert has been intent all evening on pulling off the plasters holding the dressing on elbow, however I have declined his kind offers telling him that if I wanted the dressing off I would pull the plasters off myself.  Thankfully he has now gone to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment