Thursday 24 February 2011

HITHER AND THITHER

WEDNESDAY 23rd FEBRUARY

  Usual walk with Reilly first thing. Robert is now well into Nasser Hussain's biography and he retired to read that whilst I caught up with matters on the computer.  Just before midday I asked Robert to give me a lift to Mount Druitt, and then caught a train to Strathfield, where I got on the Newcastle express, first stop Eastwood.  There I adjourned to the Paradise cafe indulging in a pot of Earl Grey along with a salmon sandwich whilst reading the Daily Telegraph.  The paper was full of images from the Christchurch earthquake disaster.

  I walked up to Ward Street and took pictures of the gaff from all angles to send to Bridie for her to assess if she and Angela wanted to stay there.  It is a bit compact for two, but there again it would only be used as sleeping quarters.
 
I walked back to the station and took a picture of the Eastwood Hotel whilst waiting for a train back to Stratfield and from there caught a train to Newtown.  I walked up to Elizabeth's Second Hand bookshop and picked up three David Baldacci thrillers to replenish my reading stocks.  I caught a train to Redfern changing there for a train bound for Blacktown where by the skin of my teeth I caught a train on to Mount Druitt.  Following my phonecall Robert came and picked me up.  We called in at the Liquor Store getting some Cabarnet Sauvignon and Henigen beers in.  We later settled down to watch some of the Ashes highlights.  We picked the first day in Melbourne and the first day in Adelaide enjoying watching the Aussie wickets tumble.  By the time we had watched all that it was 1.30am, so we called it a night at that stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment