Sunday 13 February 2011

OH REILLY

SUNDAY 13th FEBRUARY

  I got reasonably early and took Reilly out for a walk, as due to the weather he had missed out yesterday.  It was cloudy with a few patches of blue sky and definitely warmer than yesterday.  I took him for a longer walk than normal to compensate and he had a good old bark at all his mates and set off the whole neighbourhood a barking!  He ran ahead of me and as I came round the drive I noticed he was rolling about in the grass verge.  As I got nearer I realised he was rolling around in something fairly revolting and had got it all over his fur.  I banished him to the garden and told Robert he needed a wash.  Without seeing him, Robert dismissed the idea, so I carried on checking out the photos and captions Deborah had sent me from Frontline Books, and duly sent off the corrections.

  I am now able to connect to the wi-fi in the house, and downloaded a few more albums from a couple of blogsites that have re-appeared - I thought they were gone for good, but fortunately this is not the case.  Robert eventually got to see Reilly who looked a disgusting sight, and apparently smelt similarly!  Washing suddenly became the order of the day, but Reilly realising that something unpleasant was going to happen to him went and hid in the bushes.  Robert managed to extricate him and then with my help we managed to drag him to the place of (I was going to say "execution" but more correctly "operation").  I kept dousing him with buckets of water whilst Robert applied the shampoo and scrubbed.  Eventually we got him to a state of relative cleanliness, and of course as soon as I let him go he shook himself furiously, drenching me in the process!  We dried him as best we could with a towel, and he then sat on it beside me feeling very sorry for himself, whilst I carried on working on the computer.

  Reilly was kind of dry, (and smelling beautiful) by early evening so I took him for another walk, and boy did he race around!  I'm glad to say we got back home without any mishaps.  I spent the bulk of the evening working, and as it is now 12.30am, I think it is time to adjourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment