Thursday 24 February 2011

WINDSOR IN SHORT HAIR

THURSDAY 24th FEBRUARY

  Today turned out to be a lovely warm day without a cloud in the sky. I finally decided to let Robert have a go at my hair with a no 4. I spent the morning sending 10 e-mails to Bridie, each one with one photo attached.  I had tried sending all ten in one go and the system just seized up.  I tried with three and again I failed.  Doing them one at a time was more successful. After I had done all that and Robert had complete a massive clothes wash, we set of for Windsor.  It is a picturesque town about 15 minutes away which really comes to life at the weekends (so I'm told).

We took a stroll around and popped into a secondhand bookshop where Robert bumped into a former work colleague.  Robert led me to the English shop where he inquired about Walker's Cheese & Onion crisps and Quavers.  Unfortuately they were both on order but currently out of stock, so we moved on. By the time we had strolled the length of the main thoroughfare it was time for lunch, and so we adjourned to the pub at one end of the main road.  I had a seafood platter whilst Robert indulged in a bruscetta.  We had the beer garden area to ourselves. 
  The car was parked alongside the Hawkesbury River which runs more or less parallel to the main high street in Windsor, affording a very pleasant view.  (Apparently this was the site of Reilly's first attempt at swimming when Robert threw him in!).
  On the way home we called in at a farm where the were selling 5kg of chicken necks for $5.00 - a bargain compared to supermarket prices, so Reilly is seen to for several days!  We quickly called in at Oakhurst before carrying on to Eastwood where Robert dropped me off whilst he went off to sort out football registration for the coming season.  I had a quick shower to try and get rid of some of the hairs that had gone down my back during the morning's shearing.

  When Robert got back we went over to Carlingford to look after Nick whilst Jane went to yoga.  I played a lengthy game of catching, followed by an even longer game of tennis with Nick, terminated when we lost the ball.  It was well timed as Robert called Nick in for dinner seconds later. Nick had a bath and I finally got him back for the bowl of cold water he threw over me several week's ago by dousing him with a large cupful of cold water. I then went round to the bottle shop at Robert's bidding (and with his money) and got a couple of bottles of Zywiec.  "That's good beer", remarked the salesman. I slightly non-plussed him by saying "I know I've been to the brewery in Poland".  The rest of the evening was spent playing cards with Nick. By the time we got back to Oakhurst it was about 10pm.  I discovered all too late an e-mail from Jim to say that he would try to ring me at 9.00am UK time = 8pm Eastern time.  I tried ringing him, but got no answer - at least his Skype is now working.  Robert is back at work tomorrow and I'm contemplating going to Cronulla.

No comments:

Post a Comment