Wednesday 2 February 2011

WAROONGA

WEDNESDAY 2nd FEBRUARY

  Reilly was in the doghouse this morning; he had wrought havoc with a potted vegetable in the back garden.  Robert told me he was banned from the summerhouse for two days as a punishment for his misbehaviour.  I took him for his morning walk, albeit I didn't talk to him or stroke him in order to let him know how naughty he had been.

  Robert had no work today so he decided to visit Robin in hospital in Waroonga.  He dropped me off in the village and I had an iced coffee and read the Daily Telegraph.  I then moved to the adjoining cafe and ordered a mango smoothie.  Robert arrived before I received the smoothie so he got a can of lemonade and joined me at my external table.
  On the way home Robert called in at a local pub on the way home where we quaffed a couple of beers in the outside seating, trying the Hunter Valley beer called Blue Tongue (as in lizzard).


We returned home, where I got changed and we drove over to the shopping centre at Mount Druitt.   On the way back we stopped at the nearest pub to home, the Carousel Inn and had a final schooner.

I'm trying to get some colour into my upper arms!  Reilly was taken for an evening walk without any words exchanged or contact made and he remains banished in the garden.  I watched an exciting finish to the one-dayer at the SCG which sadly England lost by 2 wickets.  I completed all the photo captions for Frontline Books and duly e-mailed them off to Deborah Hercun.

No comments:

Post a Comment