Friday 18 February 2011

NO GO NO KEY

FRIDAY 18th FEBRUARY

  I arranged with Robert to leave the front door keys out for me so that I could attempt a walk to the Plumpton Shopping Centre and back.  However when I looked on the nominated shelf it was completely devoid of any keys.  I took Reilly for a walk slipping out of the garden gate, and probably woke up most of the neighbourhood as Reilly raced around saying good morning to all his mates.

  When I got back I checked my e-mails and found one from Charly asking me to check out missing writers and publishers on a 54 track '50s compilation, which took me most of the afternoon.  Robert was quite late home and admitted he had remembered about the keys when he got to work!  Alan came through on Skype and told me that Jim's Skype was down which would account for why I haven't been able to get through to him.  Apparently next week is half term so he'll be off all week.  He has the doctor's visit on Monday.  There is the Valentine's Concert this Saturday and apparently they are a bit short handed with Andy away, so Jim's daughter Sarah has promised to give a hand on the door, and of course there are the red roses to distribute to all the ladies attending the concert.  I gather that the benefit concert for Craig Douglas in December went well and raised around £5000.  They managed to get Craig and his wheelchair on the stage and he performed three numbers.  Alan also told me had heard from Bridie who was having difficulty finding reasonably priced tickets to Australia - I'll have to take a look and see what I can find.

  It's another early start tomorrow as we're going to see Nick play basketball at 8.30am in Epping.  Another pretty warm day with tomorrow promising to be in the mid 30s, but then dropping on Sunday with rain around until the middle of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment