Monday 21 February 2011

RELIVING THE ASHES

MONDAY 21st FEBRUARY

  Usual start to the day, a bath, taking Reilly for a walk, a spot of breakfast, checked out the sports news on Foxtel and then got around to sorting out the e-mails, only to discover that Bridie and Angela have booked their flights to Australia and are arriving on the 26th March.  Having remembered to get Rob's keys off of him, I decided to take a stroll over to the Plumpton Shopping Centre.  It turned out to be a pleasant walk, some 20 minutes in each direction.  I stopped for a coffee and read the morning paper, and took a look around Big W.  There I found a copy of "Sgt Bilko 50th Anniversay" DVD for $8, but more importantly a three DVD set entitled "The Ashes 2010 - 2011" for $24. I snapped both these bargains up - the Ashes DVD runs to 9 hours!
 
After walking home again I managed to connect up the DVD and promptly watched the first four day's play of the First Test in Brisbane.  I had missed the first day's play altogether as I was flying from South Africa at the time, so it was all completely new to me.  Although I had watched the rest on my hotel TV, it was nevertheless enjoyable watching it again.  I look forward to watching the remainder of it in the forthcoming days.  In the evening I watched some of Australia v Zimbabwe in the World Cup, but decided to call it a day at the end of the Aussie's innings.  In the end they had a comfortable if not devastating victory against one of the minnows who performed creditably in the field but were unable to match it when batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment