Friday 15 July 2011

ON FOOT IN FORTALEZA

FRIDAY 15th JULY

  Although it was a mixture as usual of clear skies intermingled with periods of overcast skies, it was certianly warm all day.  I reckon somewhere in the mid 30's.  I didn't stir out of the hotel untilthe afternoon and tried heading for "Centro" but landed up at the shopping centre.  I decided to further explore the art and cultural centre, and found a coffee shop where they served hundreds of varieties of coffee made from freshly ground beans.

  I had an excellent white coffee and then moved on.  The restaurant areas were all closed, obviously they open later in the day.

  I made the acquaitance of a local poet, or at least his statue as well as admiring another one, of whom I have not a clue!

  Back at the hotel I spoke to Pat, Alan and Jim.  The latter was still sore from his biopsy on Wednesday - it all sounded quite horrific - he has my full sympathy.  Later Mark phoned offering to pick me up on my return from Heathrow.  I suggested Boston Manor as easier for him and fine for me.  I'll ring him when I'm boarding the train at Heathrow.  A third consecutive night at the same eatery and again another excellent meal, following the waiter's recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment