Friday 29 July 2011

FAREWELL FORTALEZA

  So finally it is goodbye to the sun and sea of Fortaleza, and very nearly goodbye to the 9 month round the world trip.  I spent the morning packing and putting stuff that I will need in readily accessible places.  A spot of work for Charly on the computer, and then I set off down to the beach for a last paddle in the warm waters of the sea.
Then it was an easy stroll back along the beach to the road.
Then it was a last look at the statue of Iracema and it was time to bid farewell to Iracema beach.  My eyesight can just about pick up the statue between the palms
I spent a restful afternoon in the hotel room with the air-cn on and the window open, before adjourning for an early dinner before sunset.  The Sabor Brasileiro on Rua Aracati was virtually deserted at that time of day.  The lunch crowd was long gone and the evening diners were not yet out.  But my man Ceison was there ready and waiting!  He immediately got me a beer and then recommended something on the menu, which as usual I accepted without hesitation.
There was meat, rice, chips and pineapple and as always it was a tasty meal.  By the time I had finished the restaurant was still devoid of customers - Ireckon at least another half hour before the locals rolled in.
And so it was time to bid Ceison goodbye and take my leave of the Sabor Brasileiro and head back to the hotel.
  I ordered a taxi for 4.30am, paid my bill, set the alarm for 4.00am, and keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out in the morning!  It's around a 24 hour round trip door to door.

No comments:

Post a Comment