Tuesday 26 July 2011

EASY DOES IT

TUESDAY 26th JULY

  What with yesterday's exertions and tomorrow's round 260KM trip, I decided to take it easy today.  Peter phoned to alert me to the fact that the lawyers in Poland had sent me an e-mail (I eventually found it in my Spam file).  Seemingly the Minister of Finance has decided to revoke the decision of last December that turned down my claim, and re-open it in view of the document Peter found in Tarnopol in the Ukraine that confirms my mother's ownership of Swirz in 1939.  Seemingly this review should be underway within eight weeks, so I shall be in Poland available for questioning should this be required.  This means that the appeal process has aborted.

  I worked on the computer, and didn't go out until about 4.00pm.  I then headed for the Ponte dos Ingleses.  Allegedly it is a good lookout point for dolphins.  I looked closely but couldn't see any sign of these mammals.  I did wonder if this chap thought he had a better vantage point for observation.
  There may have been no dolphins but there was an imaginative restaurant behind the Ponte called the "Pirate".
I walked on to the second pier by which time the sun was starting to set.
Over on the shore line there was a boat that looked slightly the worse for wear.  Whether it is being refurbished is not clear.
Out at sea there is some form of structure, its rectangular shape precludes it from being an island, but I must admit I haven't a clue what it is.
And so it came time for the sun to set
With that I headed for my restaurant and adjourned for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment