Wednesday 27 July 2011

LAGOINHA

WEDNESDAY 27th JULY

  Again the pick-up coach was prompt, this time I was one of the last to be picked up, and soon we were on our way to Lagoinha.  This resort is about 135Km west of Fortaleza.  The optional offer is to get a buggy ride down the beach, catch a catamaran across a lake and then a lorry ride withe open air seating in the back. 
The buggy driver was very keen to offer to take photos, so I was snapped on a number of occasions.  We drove over to a lake with some livestock on the far side - another photo op.
We then drove over to another lake where the boat was waiting to take us over to the other side, where there was a sort of resort.  There were people from various different groups on the boat.  When we dis-
embarked I followed the people in front of me, and then I realised they weren't from our group.  At this point the batteries ran out in my camera.  I had bought a pack of four new ones with me, but they were not man enough to operate my camera.  So that was the end of pics for this excursion!

  I got a bit worried as I couldn't find anybody from our party and wondered if they had gone on to the next stage without me.  I found a guide from another touring group and asked her if she spoke English.  She shook her head.  I showed her my brochure and gestured "where are they".  She took me to a young chap who in turn took me to the car park and showed me the vehicle that would take us, took me to an armchair and sat me down and told me to wait.  And indeed some 20 minutes later members of our party seemingly miraculously re-appeared.  We drove through the country side back to the beach hotel.  I had ordered seafood spaghetti before leaving and an enormous portion duly appeared with loads of prawns.  We had a locker for our belongings, and I had brought my trunks along, so I went into the sea.  It was another cloudless sky today and the trip was yet again a great success.  Two days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment