Thursday 14 July 2011

A LEISURELY DAY IN FORTALEZA

THURSDAY 14th JULY

  I'm getting down to breakfast later each day.  Today I didn't get there til 9.15am.  The morning was sunny, but it then clouded over by lunchtime, and then cleared again late afternoon.  However be it sunny or not, the weather is always warm.  However today there was a bisk easterly breeze cooling things down a bit.  I guess the temperature wasin the low 20's.  I walked down to the beach, and spent a while sunbathing, and then paddled in the sea.  I then walked out along a raised track that extended some way into the sea.
There was quite a good view back on the town.  Quite a few people were on the rocks on the side fishing.

  Later in the day I went exploring and found what I thought might be an indoor shopping centre.  In fact it turned out to be an artistic and cultural centre.
There was even a planeterium!
As well as a very good view!
And indeed the area down below looked interesting, worthy of a separate exploratory trip methinks.
  Rounded off the day with another excellent meal at the same restaurant as yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment