Wednesday 13 July 2011

FORTALEZA

WEDNESDAY 13th JULY

  It started off partially cloudy this morning, but as the dy wore on so the skies cleared.  I went for a short walk in the morning and bought some crisps, coke and beer. I then stayed in until late afternoon, by which time it was sunny and at 5pm the temperature was registering 30 degrees.

  I decided to go up the shopping centre again and this time took my camera.  I decided to check the number and types of shops along one side of the road, just in case I had been mistaken in my previous assumptions.  So there were 113 female fashion shops (I included clothes, shoes and handbag shops in this tally).  Additionally there were 2 men's clothing shops, a bank, a chemist and four cafes.  I think that says it all!  I present a selection for your edification.  Still haven't seen a CD shop in Brazil!
Down the far end of the street was a rather nice looking church, it is called the church of Christ the Redeemer.  Opposite it is a column on the other side of the road, with a shrine to Our Lady of Fatima.
 
It was starting to get dark by the time I set off for home, and I interrupted the journey at a restaurant at the bottom of our road that looked tempting, and indeed the food was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment