Tuesday 21 June 2011

MEANERING IN MIRAFLORES

TUESDAY 21st JUNE

  I had a fairly good night's sleep and went for breakfast at 9.00am.I think I have booked myself on a sight seeing tour of Lima tomorrow.  I have been busy charging all my electrical gear up as I only took the charger for my computer with me to Ecuador.  After breakfast I walked down towards the beach and came across a laundry that does a wash for 15 Nuevo sol, by my reckoning about £3.50.  I also came across a shop for Claro the main telephone network provider here, and when my iPhone is charged up I'll take it there and find out how much a local SIM card costs and if they do pay as you go.

  After getting back to the hotel, I caught up with the blog, before going out again.  I walked around the shopping area of Miraflores, withdrew some nuevo sol from an ATM, went shopping for beer, coke, nibbles and biscuits at a supermarket and stopped off at a nice coffee shop for a strawberry tart and cream and a coffee.  I bought postcards for the grandchildren and even found a Post Office to buy stamps.  After getting back I sat right down and wrote the postcards, before laying down to rest my weary legs and listen to the iPod which was now charged.

  I went out about 7.30pm and just caught the Post Office as it was closing - the post box is inside the Post Office.  I then went out for dinner to a local restaurant and had chopped chicken with Chinese onions and eggs all mixed up in fried rice.  It was alright but not the best meal I've had, and the white wine I had was well over £3 a glass.  My tour for the morning is confirmed, so off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment