Monday 20 June 2011

LAST DAY IN CANOA

SATURDAY 18th JUNE

  A beautiful sunny day to see us off from Canoa.  Alex concentrated on answering some 14 e-mails that needed sorting and then got onto updating his website which is http://www.amerykapoludniowa2011.pl/ for anyone who would like to catch up on his travels.  He has been an excllent Spanish speaking companion whose abiility to find his way around is quite astonishing.  The reason for delay in posting is that I couldn't get the WiFi connection at our hostel the Sunny Garden, until today whilst Alex was able to straight away - there's computers for you!

  I went in search of Phil to settle up our bill and noticed there was a sign saying they didn't accept $50 and $100 bills.  Well I only had a couple of $100 bills and a couple of twenties.  I proferred the two $100 notes, and Phil pointed to the sign.  I told him that was all I had.  He was not happy, he checked for forgeries and said he would have to pay it into his bank, and was not altogther a happy bunny.  However I gave him my last paper back that I had just finished, and he was soon into it, so all was not lost.  I set off for the beach and Alex said he would follow.
 Once on the beach, I strolled up and down among the waves.  The water was so warm that even when the water splashed up to the nether regions, there was no sense of shock.  What might have given me a shock would have been if I had trodden on a jellyfish, or the little brute pictured below.
 Alex joined me later and opted to go for a swim, which he enjoyed, but I decided against it!
 An iguana kept us company for a late lunch at the Bamboo.  I opted for a prawn Cevice which is prawns marinated in chili, onion and tomato - again delicious stuff.  Alex inquired about various fish, so much so that two different dishes arrived.  I told him to let it go, I'd have one and we would share the Cevice.  It was certainly a filling meal!
  To returned to the Baloo and I did a couple of hours of work for Charly, and had a beer.  Eventually about 8.00pm we set off with our luggage for the other end of town where the bus would stop.  We called in at the Suki Bar and had a couple of cocktails, before saying farewell to Carlos and Co.  We got to the bus stop in plenty of time, but as luck would have it the bus was half an hour late.  It was a much better class of bus than the one we came down on, and allegedly without stops.  There were stops but these were only minutes to drop people off on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment