Sunday 12 June 2011

LIMA

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

  Despite not getting to bed until gone 2.00am, I was up for brekkers at 8.30am.  And jolly nice it was too.  Scrambled egg and ham, some fruit, fruit juice, coffee and rolls.  Spent most of the morning catching up on the blog.  My hotel is set in a side street not far from what looks like the high road in Miraflores.
  Just down the road is what looks like the town hall with a church next to it.  I eventually retraced my foot-
steps and tried a little restaurant just up from the hotel.  I had a raw marinated fish starter with chiles and onions and topped that off with a mixture of seafood in rice, a sort of risotto I guess.  With a litre of Crystal beer that all came to the princely sum of $12.00US.

  I then struck out for the Pacific shore which isn't that far in the other direction.  Paragliding seemed to be the order of the day.  As you can see from the pics it's pretty overcast although quite warm.
  Well I guess it'll be an early night as I need to be at the airport at 7.30am and I didn't get that much kip last night.  Received an e-mail from Zosia who's announcing her retirement on her next birthday, and by the way my back is a lot better thanks, no doubt due to a change of beds and the painkillers I've taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment