Wednesday 23 November 2011

TUESDAY 22nd NOVEMBER

  I had a briefing from Robert last night on the way to the airport and more importantly on the route back.  Jeannette successfully guided me to the airport and she was there in plenty of time for her flight.  I set off back home and within minutes was lost!  What was worse I suddenly developed an urgent desire to have a pee.  Eventually I spotted a small park and turned into a side road that led through it.  I parked up and looked around - there weren't any trees to hide behind, but equally well there wasn't too many people about.  I opted for a fence and quickly did the business without being seen by a living soul and successfully avoided arrest on charges of fouling the grass!

  I drove on and eventually spotted I was in Victoria Road which when I looked it up on the map seemed to be heading roughly in the correct direction.  However I quickly found the road name had changed and not into the name the map had led me to believe it should.  I blundered around for a while, and turned back on one occasion where I seemed to be heading down some obscure back streets.  And then I spotted a sign for Princes Highway.  This was one of roads on Robert's list of roads to take on the way home.  My sense of direction hadn't let me down!  I was home just after 7am, a good hour before Robert phoned to see if I had got home OK.

  I got home nicely in time to watch the Spurs v Aston Villa match live.  A satisfactory result at 2-0 although it could easily been 4-0.  Anyway the important thing is that this places Spurs above Chelsea with a game in hand.  Been a while since that happened!
  Later on I drove over to Mount Druitt and went shopping for dinner, whch involved buying minced beef, potatoes, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, corn flake crumbs (I couldn't find bread crumbs) and beer and wine. It was still raining and continued to do so most of the day.  Again no walk for Reilly (well after the wash he had over the weekend Robert didn't want his glossy sheen muddied.

  Robert has been involved in scamming a variety of Muslim Johnny's various friends on the phone.  Johnny is one of his work colleagues and he gives the lowdown on a friend and gets Robert to phone him.  So Robert has been a tax inspector telling a guy he owes the tax dept over a $1000, another guy that his car will be repossessed for an offence, yet another that he has been spotted in a fracas and if he wants to avoid arrest he must give the name of a friend of his also pictured in the scene.  Johnny records all these conversations on his i-Phone and later replays them to his victims!  Robert is seemingly very good at these impersonations and adlibs brilliantly.  Johnny seems to have an endless supply of friends, but Robert is starting to tire of this prank.

  Jeannette accidentally phoned home and was surprised to hear my voice as she hadn't realised she had called the number.  Anyway she was safely in Melbourne and was on her way to pick up the car.  She spoke to Robert later and told him that she had found the Bev Chain offices and had met guys from the IT dept whom she knew to speak to and they had provided her with her own laptop.  Apparently things are pretty chaotic on the customer services front in Melbourne.

  I cooked dinner;  risoles with mashed potatoes, fried mushrooms and sprouts.  I must admit it all went down well, and the sprouts were cooked to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment