Sunday 20 November 2011

STILL HOT BUT RAIN AHEAD

SUNDAY 20th NOVEMBER

  My new sliced crusty loaf has been attacked by ants and binned by Robert, so our breakfast is fried egg and bacon but no toast.  Suitably refreshed we set off for Epping late morning, and pick up Nick and go to the open air swimming pool.  The sun is still shinning and the temperature is around 30, but the forecast warns of severe rain and storms in the offing.
The water is pleasantly warm and the sun continues to shine down on righteous.

We go for lunch in Epping and the egg and sausage roll I opt for is more than filling.  Returning to the house we stay with Nick for half an hour or so before heading back to Oakhurst.  On the way back we drive through several downpours.  Robert is back in time to get the washing off the line, and I take Reilly for a quick walk but turn back when I feel the rain starting to come down.  By the time I get back to the house it is coming down quite heavily.  The temperature drops and the rain continues intermittently throughout the night.  I watch South Africa set Australia just over 300 to win and then take two wickets for 19 runs before I decide to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment