Monday 7 November 2011

STORMY

MONDAY 7th NOVEMBER

  Made an early start to the day at 7.00am.  It was another scorcher with the temperature rising to 35 degrees.  I spent the day working on Charly work, apart from taking Reilly for a walk mid morning.  I was contemplating walking down to the Plumpton Shopping Centre and getting some bread, but I spotted the sky clouding over.  It had the feeling of impending rain, and I had been caught out like this once before earlier this year, so I waited.  And boy was I glad I did so!  The skies opened and it bucketed down, with a storm passing directly over us, there was virtually no time lapse between the lightning and the thunder.
Apparently November is the stormy season, but of course I missed that month last year as I was in South Africa during that month. I'm afraid the pictures above don't fully convey the extent of the downpour.  For about ten minutes the sound of the rain drumming down on the tin roof was positively deafening.  I put all iseas of going out on hold and concentrated on working on the computer for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment